Updated: August 15, 2015
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect certain information you provide directly to us when using the services, such as when you create a service account, add profile information, or request customer service like loading, unloading, moving and hauling. The information we collect may include your name, profile photo, phone number, email address, and any other optional information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Service
We also automatically collect certain information when you use the services. This information includes :
- Log Information : We collect log information about your use of the services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our services.
- Device Information : We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our services, including data as unique device identifiers, device make and model, device name, push notification identifiers, MAC address, IP address, carrier name, operating system, browser types.
- Location Information : We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use our mobile application or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. You may be required to enable GPS tracking on your device. For example, we may use the geo-location information tracked by your mobile device for various purposes, including, but not limited to, for you to be able to view the Helper in your area that are close to your location.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Information : We and the third party services may collect certain information through the use of “cookies”. These are small files that your browser places on your device which, among other uses, allow you to sign in in a browser and maintain an identified browsing session with VanMileSM platform. Please refer to the “Your Choices; Opt-out” section below to learn more about disabling cookies.
Use of Information
We may use the information collected through the services for the following purposes :
- Provide, maintain and improve our services
- Communicate with you about products and services offered by VanMile and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services
- Provide, communicate about and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Personalize and improve the services and provide advertisements, contents or features that match user profiles or interests
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
VanMile is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- If you are a Helper of transport services, to services users who are seeking the assistance of transport providers;
- If you are a customer seeking transport services, we may share your information with transport service providers;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of VanMile or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among VanMile and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies;
- When you give us consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising Services Provided by Others
We take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is transmitted and stored securely, in order to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, destruction, or disclosure.
Your Choices; Opt-out
- Submission of Personal Information.You may decline to submit information through the services, but we may not be able to provide all or a portion of the services to you.
- Cookies. We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our services, including data as unique device identifiers, device make and model, device name, push notification identifiers, MAC address, IP address, carrier name, operating system, browser types.